Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kisses

The clock reads 9:53 and already it has been a very exciting day in the Hodder household! I grabbed my baby up and pulled her into bed with me this morning. I was loving on her like the gift that she is. Lying in bed with her is one of my very favorite things to do. She is always so attentive. She gazes so lovingly and deeply into your soul. There has always been something magical about this little girl. Dave and I used to always comment, for various reasons, that she was going to be the most romantic person. Some things never change.

This morning was different from all others though. I was talking (without end) to her and all of a sudden she kept opening her mouth as though she were trying to talk to me. As we continued to lie there, she kept opening her mouth in effort of speaking. The only time this girl opens her mouth is to yawn (my second favorite thing, if you have been witness to it, you know what I mean), nothing else. We continued in this way for quite sometime. I continued to give her kiss after kiss and suddenly she began to make the kiss sound and motion back. I did not know what she was doing for the longest time. I kept asking her, “Honey, what are you doing?” I am so out of sync. I finally realized what she was doing and then found myself in total disbelief. I would put my cheek up to her and she would kiss. I would put my lips on hers and there it was again…a real, true kiss. Over and over.

Tears were streaming down my face. I have to tell you, I have kissed this little one a million times in hopes of something. Anything. There has always been a whole lotta nothing. I have put my cheek up against her a trillion times to nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Oh, and more nothing.

I was prepared to stay in bed all day today. Nothing else was as important and exciting than this. I swear, Gary Allan (in all his sexiness) could have been standing before me, guitar in hand, and I would not have left Aviana’s side for a moment. I may have not even looked his way.

After an hour of good conversation and kisses, Aviana was worn out and passed out. Completely out. I started her food, took a shower, made the bed (with her in it, Dave hates when I do that, I suppose it is a slightly crazy.) Everything thus far has been very slow and steady. Minor little things, but little things nonetheless. Today was entirely different.

This day cannot get any better. And it’s only 10:10. That’s my kind of day!


32 comments:

  1. I am so very happy for you! You are a fantastic mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift from GOD!! How amazing that must have been for you to experience with her. It's just the beginning. God bless you and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely overjoyed Jennifer. Words don't do justice to how happy I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness. Aviana's kisses were her saying thank you Mommy. thank you for being my rock and my world and my advocate and my nurse and my doctor and my love, and my Mom !! bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME NEWS JEN!!! That is so amazing, what a blessing. I am sure that she was just as happy as you. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she just had to tell her mommy how much she loves her! Fantastic, this post made me tear up such wonderful news :D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Im so Happy, as I read that I had a big smile on my face. That is wonderful news. Here is to much much more wonderful news down the road Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This brought tears tomy eyes. She's there and she is connecting purposely w/ you. It made my day too. Joy! Joy! Joy! Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing blessing! I am so glad that you got to experience such joy this morning! What a precious little love she is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kisses! I am so happy for you! They are the best thing in the world. What a sweet sweet girl you have there. Thank you for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful gift you received this morning..kisses from your precious little one what an amazing gift. Breakfast in bed will now seem like nothing compared to this. It is the little things that awaken the soul.. how wonderful for you. Baby steps... baby steps baby steps.. I am so very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful! Sweet kisses from Avi! Oh, how they will be forever treasured! Just think of what is to come!!!!!! So excited and praying for steady improvement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited! She hears you, she sees you and she feels you!!! Something is clicking. Moments to be cherished. Thank you God so much.

    Love to all

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet!!

    Tears...at work. Great! The kind of explaining I like to do! =)

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy tears here too!
    -samantha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just awesome Jen! Absolutely priceless moment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is simply the best post i have ever read! Beyond a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ya see? And that's the rock I was talking about, that finally splits in two at the 100th hit after 99 previous hits. It's not that 100th hit that did it, but the 99 before that. What you do with Aviana every day makes a difference, maybe not at the minute you do it, or the next day or next month....but eventually you see the result. I'm so HAPPY for you right now! She is giving kisses now. There is more to come! More good things to come in this little girl's recovery. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jen, I am tearing up as I read your entry today. What a wonderful moment between the two of you. I am so happy for you, you have no idea :) Again I believe God whispers and what a blessing it is when we decide to sit quietly and listen. Prayers and love to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Happy Happy Happy oh and one more happy for good measure tears. I love that little one of yours she is perfectly amazing and so are you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm crying tears of joy, too! God bless that beautiful little girl. Maybe those little kisses were an early birthday gift for mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, what a precious gift this morning. Your joy warms my heart.
    -Still a in faithful prayer for Aviana and your family.. Liz Golla

    ReplyDelete
  23. How perfectly fitting that her first renewed communication with you is a kiss. Congratulations!

    Sincerely,
    Ellen S.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, my heart is so full and overjoyed reading this. That is a huge thing to have happen. What a more perfect way for her to show you and encourage you that you are doing all the right things! There couldn't be anymore perfect way for her to show you. How rewarding!!!! So happy for you.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  25. The best and sweetest story... so wonderful to hear this news!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Since I am the 27th person to comment on this post, that must mean I am at least the 50th person who is tearing up right now! I am sooooo happy for this huge milestone. I can't wait to get one of those sloppy kisses myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. AWESOME doesnt even begin to explain... soooo happy for you, what a great story... praying for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this post!!!!!! I am so happy for you all! Go Avi Go!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so awesome, i am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. WHOO HOO!!! I am CELEBRATING with you! And the new post TOTALLY makes sense! I continue to stand in prayer and AGREEMENT with you and your family!

    Love,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  31. The sweetest and purest form if communication...kisses! I am overjoyed Aviana was able to shower you with kisses!

    ReplyDelete